All About Reading
All About Reading is a fun and engaging program that has everything your student needs to become a fluent reader for life!
Complete Reading Program
All About Reading consists of Pre-reading and Levels 1-4. It teaches all key components of reading in a fun and engaging way. Choose a level or placement test below to get started!
- Designed for preschoolers and kindergarteners
- Builds a solid foundation for learning to read
- It feels like play, but your child will actually be learning essential pre-reading skills
- Covers letter sounds for A– Z, plus consonant teams TH, SH, CH, CK, NG, and NK
- Dozens of activities and games reinforce the lessons
- Includes 52 fully decodable stories that are sure to delight your child
- Teaches 12 new phonograms, including EE, ER, AR, OR, OY, AW, and OW
- Hands-on activities make review time fun
- Includes 27 decodable short stories, along with comprehension activities
- Students learn 16 new phonograms, including OA, IR, IGH, EW, KN, and TI
- Packed with activities and games to keep kids motivated
- 25 exciting decodable stories help increase comprehension
Download “20 Best Tips for Teaching Reading and Spelling”
Inside this FREE guide, you’ll discover...
- Why many children have a hard time learning to read and spell, and the powerful approach we use to increase the learning process
- Our unique color-coded letter tile system which makes learning more fun and effective than traditional learning programs
- How to break the word-guessing habit using our highly effective blending procedure
- And much more!
What You Should Know About This Program
First of all, you can do this! All About Reading is a scripted, open-and-go program developed for busy parents, teachers, and tutors who want to teach reading in the most effective way possible. This program doesn’t require long periods of study, you don’t have to develop your own lesson plans, and you don’t have to stress over what to teach next—because everything is laid out for you, step by step. You’ll get solid grounding in how to teach reading without being overwhelmed.
Your student will be actively involved in the learning process. This is a truly multisensory program; your student will learn through sight, sound, and touch. Everything is taught in context, and your student will apply what he has learned right away. Your student will be engaged in thinking, processing, comparing, and learning.
Students who use the All About Reading method tend to feel a sense of excitement in learning. And they should! They are learning how to think, explore, and grow in their abilities. They feel successful as they see continual progress.
There are no gaps in this program. Your student will be taught everything he or she needs to know about reading, so no guessing is required. Each new concept builds upon the previous one, and no steps are skipped.
There are five key components of reading—and our program teaches all of them thoroughly. These five components are:
- Phonological Awareness
- Phonics and Decoding
You get free lifetime support. You don’t have to do it alone! If you ever have a question as you are teaching reading, we are just a phone call or email away.
Most importantly, All About Reading is committed to results. The All About Reading program has a very focused mission: to enable you to teach your student to read while guaranteeing retention and enjoyment. Our approach to reading focuses on enabling students to become confident, fluent readers who can absorb and retain new information.
Homeschoolers and Teachers Love Us
"The most age-appropriate and parent-friendly Orton-Gillingham program on the market."Susan Wise Bauer The Well-Trained Mind
"...our favorite curriculum for teaching reading to our kids with dyslexia."Marianne Sunderland Homeschooling with Dyslexia
"...uniquely incorporates multi-sensory learning all the way through high school."Cathy Duffy 102 Top Picks for Homeschool Curriculum
Try It for an Entire Year before Deciding!
Check out all of the step-by-step lesson plans and reading tips for ONE FULL YEAR. Treat the program like your own, and learn everything the program has to offer. If it’s not for you…simply send the package back (in any condition)…and we’ll refund your purchase price immediately. No questions asked.
This return policy applies to anything purchased through All About Learning Press. Purchases made through other websites and stores may be subject to different return policies.
FAQs for All About Reading
Levels and Placement
Details about Teaching Reading
With the Letter Tiles app:
- It's easy to capitalize words
- You can hear the sounds of the phonograms as you teach
- No more worries about lost letter tiles
- Lessons are easy to teach "on the go"
- Need to switch between students? No problem! Simply select your current lesson in All About Reading or All About Spelling and you're ready to begin.
The Letter Tiles app has been our most requested product of all time, but the physical letter tiles have devoted fans as well.
With the physical letter tiles:
- No tablet is required to complete the lessons
- Larger tiles are easy to read
- It's easy to incorporate hands-on alphabetizing practice
- Tricky word parts can be highlighted with markers
- Timeless and traditional educational tool
As you're deciding between the app and the physical tiles, consider which option would be the most engaging to your child. Which one would your child want to use? Some clues to consider: Does my child prefer colored pencils, or does she like computer games? Is my child used to learning from technology, or is he more comfortable with traditional methods of learning? Does she prefer to read paper books or eBooks?"
And be sure to consider your preferences as well. Do you like the larger format of the magnetic white board? Do you have a place to store the board, or are you attracted to the compact nature of the app?
The bottom line is that teaching and learning will be the same no matter which option you choose. What's most important is that you have a way to teach the concepts and your child has an enjoyable way to practice and experiment. The physical letter tiles and the Letter Tiles app both provide interactive methods that make spelling and reading concepts more concrete for your child.
We recommend using a 2' by 3' magnetic white board with your Letter Tiles. White boards can be found at places like Walmart or Costco, Michaels (some have gotten a great deal with one of their 40% off coupons), and various office supply stores. When purchasing a white board, be sure that it is magnetic!
A few alternatives to a large white board are baking sheets, metal oil pans, the front of a refrigerator, magnetic paint on a section of wall, or simply lay them on the table without placing them on a magnetic source. The only downfall with this last method is that they will likely need to be put away and resorted for each lesson.
View our full FAQ for questions about ordering, shipping, returns, and purchase orders.