All About Reading
Make Reading Your Student's Favorite Subject of the Day!
All About Reading is a fun and engaging program that has everything your student needs to become a fluent reader for life!
This scripted, open-and-go program was developed for busy parents, teachers, and tutors who want to teach reading in the most effective way possible.
- Research-based multisensory instruction with lightly scripted lessons that give results with only 20 minutes a day
- Proven, mastery-based program that covers phonics, vocabulary, and comprehension ensuring no gaps in learning
- Backed by our amazing one-year money-back guarantee and lifetime support
- Designed for preschoolers and kindergarteners
- Builds a solid foundation for learning to read
- It feels like play, but your child will actually be learning essential pre-reading skills
- Covers letter sounds for A-Z, plus consonant teams TH, SH, CH, CK, NG, and NK
- Dozens of colorful activities and games reinforce the lessons
- Includes 52 full-color decodable stories that are sure to delight your child
- Teaches 12 new phonograms, including EE, ER, AR, OR, OY, AW, and OW
- Colorful hands-on activities make review time fun
- Includes 27 full-color decodable short stories, along with comprehension activities
- Students learn 16 new phonograms, including OA, IR, IGH, EW, KN, and TI
- Packed with colorful activities and games to keep kids motivated
- 25 full-color decodable stories help increase comprehension
- This final level teaches 15 new phonograms, including EY, UI, PH, OUGH, SI, and RH
- Dozens of colorful activities teach comprehension skills and fluency
- Includes 29 full-color decodable stories that provide practice and build confidence
Tiles and Boxes
- Letter Tiles are a one-time purchase per household that includes every tile needed for All About Reading Levels 1-4 and All About Spelling Levels 1-7
- Review Boxes come with divider cards and are perfect for storing and organizing flashcards.
- Store your materials with our sturdy tote bag!
Look Inside All About Reading
All About Reading is a truly multisensory program. Your student will stay actively involved in the learning process with activities that teach through sight, sound, and touch. Students who use All About Reading tend to feel a sense of excitement in learning. And they should! They are learning how to think, explore, and grow in their abilities.
Homeschoolers and Teachers Love Us
The hands-down reading instruction choice in my own home."Sarah Mackenzie Read Aloud Revival Podcast
Friends ask why my kids read and write so well ...it's All About Learning Press!"Holly Huffstutler AAR and AAS user
Our favorite curriculum for teaching reading to our kids with dyslexia."Marianne Sunderland Homeschooling with Dyslexia
102 Top Picks
The Old Schoolhouse
Our "Go Ahead and Use It" Guarantee
Check out all of the step-by-step lesson plans and reading and spelling tips for ONE FULL YEAR. Treat the program like your own, and learn everything the program has to offer.
If you purchase from us and decide it's not for you, simply send the package back (in any condition), and we'll refund your purchase price. No questions asked.
Choosing the right reading program is an important decision! Check out our Frequently Asked Questions.
Levels and Placement
You can find All About Reading samples here.
All About Reading is very effective for struggling learners of all ages. The program builds a strong foundation by ensuring that there are “no gaps” in your child's knowledge. Download our free placement tests to help place your student in the right level, and feel free to get in touch with us if you have any questions about placement–we'd love to help!
All About Reading is used by students of all ages, including pre-readers, teens, and adults.
New Editions and Correlations
We no longer carry materials from previous editions. Please check our Correlation Guides to see how to mix and match editions.
Details about Teaching Reading
We recommend spending about 20 minutes per day on reading lessons, but you can adjust this recommendation for early readers or older remedial students. In addition, we recommend reading aloud to your child for 20 minutes per day. Learn more in this article.
Fluent reading takes practice. In fact, your child may need to read a word thirty times before he can read it without sounding it out. With this in mind, All About Reading uses a variety of methods to help children get the practice they need, including activities and games, letter tile demonstrations, fluency pages with words, phrases, and sentences, and fully decodable readers. You will also spend a few minutes each day with the word cards, which help you track the words your child has mastered and those for which he needs ongoing practice. We also include a variety of exercises designed to help your child work on reading with accuracy, meaningful expression, and natural phrasing.
In the All About Reading program, our goal is to minimize the number of sight words your child needs to memorize, while maximizing his ability to successfully master these words. Learn more about our approach in this article on sight words.
All About Reading teaches a word blending procedure that will break the guessing habit. You can read about it in this article.
Do you have more questions? Please get in touch! We're happy to help.