All About Spelling
All About Spelling will help your student become a proficient speller for life! We take the struggle out of spelling!
Complete Spelling Program
All About Spelling is a seven level program. Based on the latest research, this award-winning program provides complete and comprehensive instruction using the Orton-Gillingham approach.
Download “Six Ways We Make Spelling Easy”!
Inside this FREE guide, you’ll discover...
- How to make spelling logical
- Key benefits of the Orton-Gillingham approach to teaching
- The main differences between mastery-based and grade-level based programs…and why it matters
- How to tailor instruction for your individual child so he can succeed in spelling
Easy to Learn
Powerful teaching methods are at the center of All About Spelling.
- Multisensory approach makes it easy for kids to understand
- Built-in review system helps learning stick
- Kids look forward to spelling lessons because of the motivating, hands-on activities
- This mastery-based, building block program works with kids who have learning disabilities as well as those who do not
- Our explicit teaching helps students succeed
Easy to Teach
All About Spelling makes your job easy and stress-free.
- 7 levels of comprehensive spelling instruction
- Words are broken down using colored squares to engage multiple senses and make reading fun
- Building block progression allows even children with learning disabilities to learn rapidly
- 1-Year, 100% money-back guarantee with lifetime support
This isn’t the typical "list-on-Monday, test-on-Friday" approach! Instead, you'll find dozens of proven techniques that are guaranteed to help your student master English spelling. Your child will learn the sounds of the 26 letters of the alphabet, 45 common letter combinations (such as CK & IGH), and tried-and-true spelling rules.
With these tools, he can spell 97% of words in the English language. In addition, your student will get solid strategies for mastering the remaining 3% of words, which we call "rule breakers."
By Level 7, your student will be spelling at the high school level.
If this is your first time using the program, you will need to start with Level 1. If your child has worked with a phonogram-based program before, though, he may be able to go directly into Level 2. See this article for placement or contact us for assistance.
Homeschoolers and Teachers Love Us
"The most age-appropriate and parent-friendly Orton-Gillingham program on the market."Susan Wise Bauer The Well-Trained Mind
"...our favorite curriculum for teaching reading to our kids with dyslexia."Marianne Sunderland Homeschooling with Dyslexia
"...uniquely incorporates multi-sensory learning all the way through high school."Cathy Duffy 102 Top Picks for Homeschool Curriculum
Try It for an Entire Year before Deciding!
Check out all of the step-by-step lesson plans and reading tips for ONE FULL YEAR. Treat the program like your own, and learn everything the program has to offer. If it’s not for you…simply send the package back (in any condition)…and we’ll refund your purchase price immediately. No questions asked.
This return policy applies to anything purchased through All About Learning Press. Purchases made through other websites and stores may be subject to different return policies.
FAQs for All About Spelling
Levels and Placement
Details about Teaching Spelling
With the Letter Tiles app:
- It's easy to capitalize words
- You can hear the sounds of the phonograms as you teach
- No more worries about lost letter tiles
- Lessons are easy to teach "on the go"
- Need to switch between students? No problem! Simply select your current lesson in All About Reading or All About Spelling and you're ready to begin.
The Letter Tiles app has been our most requested product of all time, but the physical letter tiles have devoted fans as well.
With the physical letter tiles:
- No tablet is required to complete the lessons
- Larger tiles are easy to read
- It's easy to incorporate hands-on alphabetizing practice
- Tricky word parts can be highlighted with markers
- Timeless and traditional educational tool
As you're deciding between the app and the physical tiles, consider which option would be the most engaging to your child. Which one would your child want to use? Some clues to consider: Does my child prefer colored pencils, or does she like computer games? Is my child used to learning from technology, or is he more comfortable with traditional methods of learning? Does she prefer to read paper books or eBooks?"
And be sure to consider your preferences as well. Do you like the larger format of the magnetic white board? Do you have a place to store the board, or are you attracted to the compact nature of the app?
The bottom line is that teaching and learning will be the same no matter which option you choose. What's most important is that you have a way to teach the concepts and your child has an enjoyable way to practice and experiment. The physical letter tiles and the Letter Tiles app both provide interactive methods that make spelling and reading concepts more concrete for your child.
We recommend using a 2' by 3' magnetic white board with your Letter Tiles. White boards can be found at places like Walmart or Costco, Michaels (some have gotten a great deal with one of their 40% off coupons), and various office supply stores. When purchasing a white board, be sure that it is magnetic!
A few alternatives to a large white board are baking sheets, metal oil pans, the front of a refrigerator, magnetic paint on a section of wall, or simply lay them on the table without placing them on a magnetic source. The only downfall with this last method is that they will likely need to be put away and resorted for each lesson.
View our full FAQ for questions about ordering, shipping, returns, and purchase orders.