All About Reading Level 4
CHOKING HAZARD - Small Parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Products Needed to Teach Level 4
In order to teach Level 4 to a single student, you will need these items:
All About Reading Level 4 Materials
All About Reading Level 4 Materials includes the Teacher’s Manual, one Student Packet (which contains the activity book, flashcards, and stickers), and two readers.
Reading Interactive Kit
The Reading Interactive Kit provides the multisensory components for the All About Reading program. This is a one-time purchase, and you will use the same kit for all four levels of All About Reading. It comes in two versions: Basic and Deluxe. Visit Reading Interactive Kits for complete information.
Physical Letter Tiles or Letter Tiles App
The Reading Interactive Kit contains everything you need, including the physical letter tiles, but there are two additional items to consider. If you plan to teach mainly with the physical letter tiles, you'll need to purchase a 2' x 3' magnetic white board from a store such as Walmart or Staples. For an easy-to-use, portable alternative, our Letter Tiles App is available as a separate purchase.
Teaching Multiple Students?
All About Reading makes it easy to teach multiple students! If you're teaching more than one child, you'll need to purchase a few individual products for each child.
Placement for Level 4
Download this placement test to determine if your student is ready for Level 4.Download Placement Test
Here's What Your Student Will Learn in Level 4
Your student will learn exciting new concepts, including words with multiple suffixes, fifteen new phonograms, and methods for decoding multisyllable words – and continue to establish a firm foundation for a lifetime of learning. Every component of reading is taught: decoding (phonics and structural analysis), vocabulary, fluency, and comprehension. Below is a sampling in each area.
- Learn phonograms EY, EAR, UI, IE, PH, GU, GN, AUGH, EI, OUGH, SI, MB, OUR, CI, and RH
- Read words containing the new phonograms, such as honey, early, juice, field, phase, guest, gnat, daughter, beige, rough, mission, comb, journey, special, and rhyme
Decoding (Structural Analysis)
- Decode multisyllabic words
- Read words with multiple suffixes, as in thankfully
- Read words with a variety of suffixes, including -ible, -able, -ance, -ence, -sion, -ic, -al, -ous, -ist, -ism, -ity, -ize, -ary, and -ery
- Read words containing unaccented syllables, as in pirate, Alaska, and doctor
- Read words with silent letters, as in half and comb
- Read with accuracy
- Read with meaningful expression
- Read with natural phrasing
- Discuss new words in the context of the story and one’s own life
- Explore varying dialects and regional language
- Understand homonyms and heteronyms
- Understand synonyms, antonyms, onomatopoeia, alliteration, idioms, personification, acronyms, and hyperbole
- Explore words containing influences from Greek, French, Spanish, and Italian
- Connect text to one's own experiences
- Read stories with alternating points of view
- Make predictions and inferences
- Compare and contrast main characters and stories
- Discuss main conflict and character transformation
- Skim for specific information
- Discuss shades of meaning
- Summarize the text
See Inside the Level 4 Materials
Level 4 Materials
Level 4 Materials
Wonderful Weather Stickers
Soaring Balloon Stickers
Have Questions about Level 4?
Level 4 has 63 lessons. Please know that the lessons in All About Reading are not meant to be completed in one day.
In fact, some lessons may take a week or more to finish. A number of variables contribute to how quickly a lesson can be completed: your student’s age, attention span, prior experience, the difficulty of the concept being taught, and the length of the stories.
If you are teaching more than one student at a time, you will need to order additional Student Packets for each student. The Level 4 Materials contain enough for teaching one student.
If you will be reusing your Level 4 Materials for future students, you can reuse the Student Packets. Download extra consumable components of the Level 4 Student Packet here:
If you already have a Spelling Interactive Kit, you won't need another complete kit, just these two components:
- Reading Divider Cards
- Reading Review Box
You can find these components on the Reading Interactive Kit page.
Yes you can! See our correlations chart.
Yes, the Color Edition of Level 4 contains new stories, lessons, and activities.
We're sorry, First Edition materials are no longer available.
Customer ReviewsLeave a Review
Thank you for your review. It will be visible once it is approved (normally 1-2 business days).