All About Reading Level 2
CHOKING HAZARD - Small Parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Products Needed to Teach Level 2
In order to teach Level 2 to a single student, you will need these items:
All About Reading Level 2 Materials
All About Reading Level 2 Materials includes the Teacher’s Manual, one Student Packet (which contains the activity book, flashcards, and stickers), and two readers.
Reading Interactive Kit
The Reading Interactive Kit provides the multisensory components for the All About Reading program. This is a one-time purchase, and you will use the same kit for all four levels of All About Reading. It comes in two versions: Basic and Deluxe. Visit Reading Interactive Kits for complete information.
Physical Letter Tiles or Letter Tiles App
The Reading Interactive Kit contains everything you need, including the physical letter tiles, but there are two additional items to consider. If you plan to teach mainly with the physical letter tiles, you'll need to purchase a 2' x 3' magnetic white board from a store such as Walmart or Staples. For an easy-to-use, portable alternative, our Letter Tiles App is available as a separate purchase.
Teaching Multiple Students?
All About Reading makes it easy to teach multiple students! If you're teaching more than one child, you'll need to purchase a few individual products for each child.
Placement for Level 2
Download this placement test to determine if your student is ready for Level 2.Download Placement Test
Here's What Your Student Will Learn in Level 2
Your student will learn exciting new concepts, including three-letter blends, the jobs of Silent E, new phonograms, and methods for decoding multisyllable words – and continue to establish a firm foundation for a lifetime of learning. Every component of reading is taught: decoding (phonics and structural analysis), vocabulary, fluency, and comprehension. Below is a sampling in each area.
- Learn phonograms WH, EE, ER, AR, OR, ED, OY, OI, AW, AU, OW, and OU
- Read words containing the new phonograms, such as whale, sheep, herd, farm, horn, toy, boil, saw, haul, flower, and found
- Read words with long I or O before two consonants, as in find and gold
- Read words with soft C, as in race
- Read words with soft G, as in gem
- Learn the first four jobs of Silent E
Decoding (Structural Analysis)
- Identify base words
- Read contractions, such as they’ll
- Learn syllable division rules for reading multisyllable words
- Read words with past tense ending ed, including all three sounds, as in wanted, snowed, and chipped
- Discuss new words in the context of the story and one’s own life
- Understand homophones
- Understand synonyms and antonyms
- Read with accuracy
- Read with meaningful expression
- Read with natural phrasing
- Connect text to one's own experiences
- Make predictions
- Compare and contrast main characters
- Skim for specific information
- Make inferences from the text
- Discuss character motivation, main conflict
- Identify the main character
See Inside the Level 2 Materials
Level 2 Materials
Level 2 Materials
Tropical Frog Stickers
Tropical Frog Stickers
Have Questions about Level 2?
Level 2 has 57 lessons. Please know that the lessons in All About Reading are not meant to be completed in one day.
In fact, some lessons may take a week or more to finish. A number of variables contribute to how quickly a lesson can be completed: your student’s age, attention span, prior experience, the difficulty of the concept being taught, and the length of the stories.
If you are teaching more than one student at a time, you will need to order additional Student Packets for each student. The Level 2 Materials contain enough for teaching one student.
If you will be reusing your Level 2 Materials for future students, you can reuse the Student Packets. Download extra consumable components of the Level 2 Student Packet here:
If you already have a Spelling Interactive Kit, you won't need another complete kit, just these two components:
- Reading Divider Cards
- Reading Review Box
You can find these components on the Reading Interactive Kit page.
Yes you can! See our correlations chart.
Yes, the Color Edition of Level 2 contains new stories, lessons, and activities.
We're sorry, Third Edition materials are no longer available.
Customer ReviewsLeave a Review
Thank you for your review. It will be visible once it is approved (normally 1-2 business days).