All About Reading Level 1 First Edition Changes
The First Edition of All About Reading Level 1 is the only edition that cannot be correlated with other editions. While we try to make varying editions compatible whenever possible, there were too many changes to make the First Edition compatible with the Second and Color Editions. This level almost doubled in size and now has 500 additional pages throughout the various materials. From the First Edition to the Color Edition, the following changes were made:
- The Teacher's Manual has more than 150 new pages with expanded lesson plans (for even more clarity and ease of teaching), more comprehension exercises (same core teaching, just expanded), and 4 new lessons. We also added many new review activities and expanded the indices.
- The Activity Book has more than 150 new page with 30 new activities and 52 new warm-up sheets.
- 29 word cards were added and 11 were removed.
- The three readers have a total of 200 additional pages with 17 new decodable stories.
- The readers, Activity Books, and Teacher’s Manual are all now printed in full color.
Specific Changes to Readers
The following changers were made to the readers:Run, Bug, Run!
- 6 new stories were added.
- "The Cat" (previously "The Tan Hat") was changed to include more complete sentences.
- "The Job" (previously "The Hot Rod") was significantly changed to provide more reading practice.
- 2 new stories were added.
- Minor changes were made to "Lost in the Bog."
- "The Ant Hill" was significantly changed to provide more reading practice.
- Minor changes were made to "The Long Nap" (previously "The Nap" in Cobweb the Cat).
- "The Big Top" was significantly changed and now focuses on equestrian and acrobatic performances rather than a circus.
- 5 stories were moved from Cobweb the Cat to The Runt Pig.
- 9 new stories were added.
- Minor changes were made to "The Sled" (previously "Off We Go!").
- "The Wind on the Hill" was moved to Cobweb the Cat from The Runt Pig. Significant changes were made to include more reading practice.