As every parent knows, no two children are alike.
One is wiggly, one is quiet. One builds things, the other takes them apart. One cuddles, and one catapults—right off the sofa. All are different, yet all are wonderful in so many ways. So how do you take all these different, fun little personalities and teach them all how to do the same thing…like read?
You do it with the groundbreaking new reading program from All About Reading, starting with the Pre-reading level for preschoolers.
Every child will enjoy the special rhyming and word games, creative little crafts, and story time read-alouds in this program—even the catapulter! Especially when the child gets to do these activities right along with Ziggy, our charming zebra puppet, who often makes mistakes and needs your child's help to find the right answers.
And as the parent and teacher, you will love that while your child is enjoying these engaging activities, he or she will also be effortlessly learning the five essential pre-reading skills that we call the Big Five Skills— namely, Print Awareness, Phonological Awareness, Letter Knowledge, Listening Comprehension, and Motivation to Read.
Research has shown that children who learn these skills first will have the greatest success in learning to read. Your child will learn what reading is all about, including
- what text is and how it relates to spoken words;
- how to hear and identify different parts of words;
- what the letters look and sound like;
- how to recognize the letters when used independently or with different typefaces;
- how to understand different language patterns and what they mean; and
- how to fall in love with reading and be motivated to read.
All of these skills are important because they teach children the basics of language and how it works, preparing them for learning to read.
The All About Reading Pre-reading program is exclusive in teaching all the pre-reading skills. And we do it because we are passionate about providing you with a curriculum that teaches thoroughly, so your child can succeed amazingly.
What's Included in the All About Reading Pre-reading Packages
The Deluxe Package includes:
- Teacher's Manual (208 pages)
- Student Packet My Book of Letters and Sounds Activity Book (192 pages) Picture Cards Letter Sound Cards Capital Letter Alphabet Chart Lowercase Letter Alphabet Chart
- The Zigzag Zebra: a rhyming alphabet hardcover book
- Lizard Lou: a collection of rhymes old and new hardcover book
- Divider Cards (to keep your Picture Cards and Letter Sound Cards organized)
- "Letter Sounds A to Z" app
- Ziggy the Zebra puppet
- Activity Box to hold your student's learning cards
- All About Reading tote bag to keep your components organized
The Basic Package includes the first six items listed above. The last three items (Ziggy the Zebra puppet, Activity Box, and tote bag) are not included with the basic package, but can be purchased separately.
Take a Look Inside...
Click on the links to download samples of the program.
- Pre-reading Teacher's Manual
- My Book of Letters and Sounds Activity Book (part of Student Packet)
- The Zigzag Zebra: a rhyming alphabet
- Lizard Lou: a collection of rhymes old and new