Letter Tiles App
Our Letter Tiles app lets you build words, divide words into syllables, and hear the sounds of the phonograms. Just choose your program from the menu (All About Reading or All About Spelling) and select which lesson number you are currently teaching. The appropriate letter tiles for that lesson will appear, making it easy for you to teach and easy for your student to learn.
The Letter Tiles app is specially designed for use with the All About Reading and All About Spelling programs.
Benefits for You:
- Takes the place of the physical letter tiles and magnetic white board
- So simple to use—just select which lesson your child is working on, and the tiles you need are automatically displayed
- Letter tiles help you explain reading and spelling concepts very clearly
- Saves your place between sessions
- No more worries about lost letter tiles!
- Easily teach lessons "on the go"
Benefits for Your Child:
- Easily build and divide words for painless decoding
- Drag and drop letter tiles from the bottom storage area onto the workspace
- Color-coded letter tiles make it easy to see the role that each type of letter plays in a word
- Listen to clearly enunciated phonogram sounds
- Capitalizing words is a breeze!
The Letter Tiles app is intuitive to use, and it's a fantastic companion to the All About Reading and All About Spelling programs.
Frequently Asked Questions
- iPad: We are supporting all iPads released in 2013 to current models which are updated to iOS 13 and later.
- Android tablet: We are supporting all tablets running Android version 7.1 and later.
- Amazon Fire: We are supporting most tablets since 2014 that are updated to Fire OS 6 or later.
If all of your devices are associated with the same app store account, you can buy once and install the app on multiple devices. However, if your devices are associated with different accounts, each of those accounts will need to purchase the app in order to download.
If you are purchasing for different types of devices, you would need to purchase for each type of device. One app store purchase cannot transfer to another app store. For example if you purchase for iPad, you will need to purchase again for Android or Amazon Fire.
- The Phonogram Sounds App remains free–you can download it here. You can use this to help reinforce the sounds you are teaching or to learn the sounds before you teach them.
- The Letter Tiles App is a movable tiles app that can be used in place of the physical Letter Tiles on days that you want to take reading or spelling on the go.
The easiest thing to do is just to bump up the lesson by 2 lessons (that works all the way until Lesson 48), or to simply choose the final lesson in level 1 if you want all of the level 1 tiles to show up. Here is a more exact correlation between the first edition tiles and the second edition tiles:
- Lessons 1 and 2 tiles are the same.
- Lesson 3: use tiles from lesson 4
- Lessons 4-47: add 2 to your lesson number (use "6" for 4, "8" for 6…"22″ for 20).
- Lesson 48: use 52
Yes you can. The easiest thing to do is just to bump up the lesson by 2 lessons (that works all the way until Lesson 42), or to simply choose the final lesson in level 2 if you want all of the level 2 tiles to show up. For a more exact match, here's a correlation chart:
- Lessons 1 and 2 have the same tiles in both editions.
- Lessons 3-9: use the lesson that is +1 (so for 3, use lesson 4, for 9, use lesson 10…)
- Lessons 10-41: use the lesson that is +2
- Lessons 42-51: +6
Other App Questions
If one is using reading and the other is using spelling, when you toggle back to each subject, it will save the last lesson you referenced.
If both children are using just one of the programs, you'll simply need to select the lesson you want to work on from the dropdown menu and you're ready to go. It's really easy to switch between students.
If you are not satisfied with your app purchase from us we'd like to help! You can contact us for help with using our apps or if you're having trouble getting the app to work on your device. We'll do our best to help you get the most out of our apps. However if you would still like to return the app for a refund, you can follow the following guide for the store you purchased from.
All information on this page is subject to change without notice.
- Find your receipt in your email by searching for "Your receipt from Apple."
- Find the product name "Letter Tiles for Learning" and then click "Report a Problem."
- Follow the onscreen steps.
This is usually the simplest method, but there are more methods listed in the Apple Store.
The iTunes Terms and Conditions specifically state that all sales are final. They do make some exceptions. Claims must be made within 90 days. You should hear back from Apple within a week as to whether your request for a refund is approved.
You can only return an app or game for a refund once. If you buy it again you will not be able to get a refund. If a refund is issued you will lose access to the item.
To request a refund within the first 48 hours of purchase:
- Open a web browser (like Chrome, Firefox, or Safari) on your computer, tablet, or phone.
- Copy https://play.google.com/store/account and paste it into the address bar of the web browser. Make sure this is in a web browser and not the Google Play Store app. You can't request a refund in the Google Play Store app.
- Scroll down to "Order History" and find the order you want to return. To the right of the order, select More
- Select Report a problem.
- Choose the option that describes your situation, complete the form, and say that you would like a refund.
- You will see a message saying "thank you for sharing your concerns." Later you will receive an email about your refund (often within 15 minutes).
To request a refund after the first 48 hours of purchase:
Please email us at email@example.com with the following information:
- The app you're using.
- The order ID number from the original receipt.
- The issue you're having.
- The response you'd like. For example, mention whether you'd like help fixing the issue or would like a refund for your purchase.
We are able to refund purchases made through Google Play within the last year.