When you order this set of Level 3 Materials, you'll receive these two items:
Please note: In addition to the Level 3 Materials, you will also need a Basic or Deluxe Spelling Interactive Kit. The Interactive Kit contains non-consumable items that are used throughout the entire All About Spelling program.
Additional note: All About Spelling is a cumulative program that builds on concepts learned in previous levels. If you have not used the program before, please use our Spelling Placement Test to determine the best level for your child. If you decide to start in a higher level, you will need to purchase the Student Packets from all previous levels so that you have the necessary flashcards for review purposes.
Level 3 in the All About Spelling series brings together the three pathways to learning—auditory (hearing), visual (seeing), and kinesthetic (touching). This multisensory approach, combined with a built-in review system and reinforcement activities, ensures that students retain what they learn and understand how to apply it in practical situations.
In a practical, hands-on way, your student will learn:
- Two additional ways to spell the sound of long a
- Five reasons for adding a silent e to the end of a word
- The C+l-e syllable type
- How to add consonant and vowel suffixes
- More ways to spell the sound of long o
- The three sounds of past tense suffix –ed
- When to double consonants before adding suffixes
- When to drop the silent e before adding a suffix
- More ways to spell long e
- Additional ways to spell the sound of /er/
- More ways to spell long i
- and more!
The multisensory learning tools and activities included in the program help your student master important spelling concepts. You'll appreciate the organization, thought and research that went into this program as you work with your student.
- The Word Sort activity helps the student recognize and practice the multiple ways of spelling one sound and enables him to become a strong independent speller.
- The Word Banks help build visual memory of words with a particular sound so the student can successfully choose the correct spelling when he is faced with multiple spellings of a sound.
- Concept-oriented spelling lists that are grouped by similar phonograms and spelling rules accelerate learning by organizing ideas in the student's mind and allowing the student to concentrate on and master one or two main concepts before moving on.
- The Silent E Book helps the student understand when and why we add a silent e to words, provides practice with spelling words with a silent e, and enables the student to easily recognize, categorize, and internalize the jobs of the silent e.
- The Jail provides your student with an engaging, memorable way to learn Rule Breakers the first time around, eliminating the need to remediate later.
- Key Cards clearly present key ideas, concepts, and spelling rules that help your student thoroughly understand why a word is spelled the way it is and how to apply that knowledge to many other words.
- The Word Analysis section reviews previously learned concepts to keep them fresh in your student's mind.
- The Writing Station gives your student a creative outlet for applying new knowledge to original sentences and provides the practice and structure he needs to achieve the goal of correct spelling outside the classroom.
- Tips for the teacher anticipate and provide answers to your questions and give you on-the-spot strategies for helping your student overcome stumbling blocks. Worked seamlessly into the lessons, tips are placed right where you need them, when you need them, so you can continue your teaching uninterrupted.
- The Homophones List helps the student learn to use the correct homophone in his own writing.
- The Suffix Tiles are a different size and color than the letter tiles so your student can learn the rules for adding suffixes without confusion and easily recognize and choose the correct suffix when building new words.
- The Progress Chart gives your student a visual reminder of how far he has come and motivates him to master the next step.
Features are arranged in three easy-to-follow sections:
- Review: The Review section provides continual review of phonograms, spelling words, and important concepts so your student can advance confidently from one lesson to the next without the frustration of having to re-learn previous material. All About Spelling doesn't "teach it and forget it."
- New Teaching: The step-by-step lesson plans lay out new material clearly and concisely and save you valuable time. You don't need a degree in education or hours of planning every night to teach All About Spelling—all of the work has been done for you.
- Reinforcement: The important Reinforcement section gives your student the opportunity to apply what he has learned and to use that knowledge in practical situations.
By the end of Level 3, your student will be able to write phrases such as:
My dog tried to eat my pennies!
Babies make me feel joyful
Please put this in the house.
She didn’t clean her room.
Light the fire while I fry the fish.
Her team has thirteen members.
The 28 steps of Level 3 progress in a logical, sequential order. Through direct instruction, students learn exactly what they need to know in order to spell well.
CHOKING HAZARD - Small Parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.