All About Spelling
All About Spelling will help your student become a proficient speller for life! We take the struggle out of spelling!
Complete Spelling Program
All About Spelling is a seven level program. Based on the latest research, this award-winning program provides complete and comprehensive instruction using the Orton-Gillingham approach.
Download “Six Ways We Make Spelling Easy”!
Inside this FREE guide, you’ll discover...
- Six fundamental aspects of an effective spelling program
- How to make spelling logical
- Key benefits of the Orton-Gillingham approach to teaching
- How to help your child learn to spell more effectively
- The main differences between mastery-based and grade-level based programs…and why it matters
- How to tailor instruction for your individual child so he can succeed in spelling
Easy to Learn
Powerful teaching methods are at the center of All About Spelling.
- Multisensory approach makes it easy for kids to understand
- Built-in review system helps learning stick
- Kids look forward to spelling lessons because of the motivating, hands-on activities
- This mastery-based, building block program works with kids who have learning disabilities as well as those who do not
- Our explicit teaching helps students succeed
Easy to Teach
All About Spelling makes your job easy and stress-free.
- 7 levels of comprehensive spelling instruction
- Words are broken down using colored squares to engage multiple senses and make reading fun
- Building block progression allows even children with learning disabilities to learn rapidly
- 1-Year, 100% money-back guarantee with lifetime support
This isn’t the typical "list-on-Monday, test-on-Friday" approach! Instead, you'll find dozens of proven techniques that are guaranteed to help your student master English spelling. Your child will learn the sounds of the 26 letters of the alphabet, 45 common letter combinations (such as CK & IGH), and tried-and-true spelling rules.
With these tools, he can spell 97% of words in the English language. In addition, your student will get solid strategies for mastering the remaining 3% of words, which we call "rule breakers."
By Level 7, your student will be spelling at the high school level.
If this is your first time using the program, you will need to start with Level 1. If your child has worked with a phonogram-based program before, though, he may be able to go directly into Level 2. See this article for placement.
Homeschoolers and Teachers Love Us
"The most age-appropriate and parent-friendly Orton-Gillingham program on the market."Susan Wise Bauer
The Well-Trained Mind
"...our favorite curriculum for teaching reading to our kids with dyslexia."Marianne Sunderland
Homeschooling with Dyslexia
"...uniquely incorporates multi-sensory learning all the way through high school."Cathy Duffy
102 Top Picks for Homeschool Curriculum
Try It for an Entire Year before Deciding!
Check out all of the step-by-step lesson plans and reading tips for ONE FULL YEAR. Treat the program like your own, and learn everything the program has to offer. If it’s not for you…simply send the package back (in any condition)…and we’ll refund your purchase price immediately. No questions asked.
This return policy applies to anything purchased through All About Learning Press. Purchases made through other websites and stores may be subject to different return policies.
FAQs for All About Spelling
Levels and Placement
Details about Teaching Spelling
We recommend using a 2' by 3' magnetic white board with your Letter Tiles. White boards can be found at places like Walmart or Costco, Michaels (some have gotten a great deal with one of their 40% off coupons), and various office supply stores. When purchasing a white board, be sure that it is magnetic!
A few alternatives to a large white board are baking sheets, metal oil pans, the front of a refrigerator, magnetic paint on a section of wall, or simply lay them on the table without placing them on a magnetic source. The only downfall with this last method is that they will likely need to be put away and resorted for each lesson.
View our full FAQ for questions about ordering, shipping, returns, and purchase orders.