The Phonogram CD-ROM is a great tool for learning the basic phonograms. For those of you who have purchased a copy of this program, or received it as part of the All About Spelling Interactive Kit, here are some tips that will help you get the most out of it:
- Choose four or five phonograms to learn each day. Listen to the sound of the phonogram, then say it aloud.
- After listening to the phonograms you have chosen to learn, test yourself. Say the sound of the phonogram aloud, then press the button to see if you're right.
- After phonograms a to z have been mastered, move on to the multi-letter phonograms.
- To reinforce what is being learned with the program, you may wish to use the matching letter tiles.
- If you are running the CD-ROM on a laptop without good speakers, you may wish to use headphones so you can benefit from the clear pronunciation.
Learning the sounds of the phonograms will help your student develop strong spelling skills.
Have a question about teaching phonograms?